Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ordering plywood and work area

I ordered 7 sheets of marine plywood yesterday from my local lumberyard. 2 sheets are 3/8" thick for the bottom of the hull and the remaining sheets are 1/4" thick for the sides and interior bulkheads. The plywood should arrive in about a week.

For the past few months, I have been cleaning out half of my garage as a work area, so now I have a place to build. Two weeks ago, I put together a low table to build the boat on. My first tasks will be to make 3 scarfs: the bottom panels and the panels for the sides of the hull, resulting in three 16 foot long pieces of marine plywood. I'll use the flat table for lining up and securing the plywood for those scarfs. I may have to rig up a 'heat tent' with a tarp and light bulbs to maintain the wood at a temperature the epoxy will cure at, since my garage is cold in the winter.


1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you. and I will enjoy following your build.
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete